No, this is not Carl. But a very good Carl look-a-like at that...Carl has gone to live at a very good friend of mine's. I was perusing through the kijiji ads like usual one day, and came across an ad looking for homes for horses that had been saved from the slaughter house. There was one horse in particular that caught my eye. Long story short, I went out to Pansy to pick up said horse and for several reasons, decided against him. Looking at the 22+ other horses that had been rescued, Jackson caught my eye. He's a yearling. No, he's not some fancy registered purebred and yes, he is still a stud. But I liked his build and his temperament. And his days at the ranch were becoming numbered if a home was not found for him soon. We will have a long way to go with him as he has been handled very little by humans.
Checking out the new place. It was quite a stressful ordeal getting him loaded on the trailer. But by the time we arrived home, he had settled down quite nicely.
Summer Sale Time!
12 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment