Saturday, August 14, 2010

15 Year Anniversary


As much as I hate to leave my humble abode, Curt
convinced me it was necessary to go on a trip to
celebrate 15 wonderful years together! Lol!
[no sarcasm intended] We spent 3 nights, 4 days at a
B&B on Vancouver Island, about an hours drive from Victoria.


View from the basement


Our en suite


Me, just relaxing and reading in the king size bed...


A view of the mansion (7500 sq ft) from the road.
It was an amazing house with wonderful hosts -
sure beat a hotel!!


This pic is a little out of order. But it is a group of
5 or 6 adolescent sea lions on a marker in the ocean near
Nanaimo...they were afraid of the transient whales
nearby and climbed to safety.


A view of the roads near our B&B...being a prairie
girl, I'm not used to hills and found my morning
walk/jogs to be quite strenuous!


Curt was very entertained with his new camera and
really got into taking pictures of the scenery. A
view from the beach near our B&B.


A view from the balcony of our suite


Another view




British Columbia is beautiful, but I'd be lying if I
didn't say I started feeling claustrophobic.


Cowichan Bay. This place is bustling on Sunday
morning and so many neat little touristy shops!


The Harbor at Cowichan Bay


This isn't a great pic, but we saw tons of seals
on our kayaking adventure around the bay!
So cute and curious!


More pics of missed heads poking out of the water
to see what we were up to.


We went whale watching on Saturday, which was
well worth the $100 each! I'd definitely recommend
going with Simon if you haven't gone before and would
like to see the 50 whales off the coast!


We were in basically a rubber dingy that seated
10-12 people, plus Simon. On this day, the whales
were out by Nanaimo which was a good 1 hour boat
ride from Cowichan Bay. Curt wasn't overly fond
of hitting the waves at 70 kph, but I thought it was great!


There were several families of whales out and about
on this day. We even saw the infamous 'Granny', the
99 year old Orca whale, diving in and out of the water!


We have tons of whale pics...it was awesome to
see these huge creatures up so close!!

0 comments:

 

avandia